New FBI documents show Kennedy death threats
Washington: Most of the secret FBI files on the late Sen. Edward Kennedy being released on Monday concern
death threats against the longtime senator.
Alex Brown of the Federal Bureau of Investigation`s
records management division said the FBI would post some 2,000
pages of previously secret pages about the Massachusetts
Democrat on the agency`s website.
The release of the documents has been highly
anticipated by historians, scholars and others interested in
the life and long public career of one of the most prominent
and powerful US politicians.
The Associated Press and other media organisations
requested the documents through Freedom of Information Act
Kennedy faced death threats when he ran for president
in 1980 and before that in the years following the
assassinations of his older brothers.
President John F Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas on
November 22, 1963. US Senator Robert F. Kennedy was slain in
Los Angeles on June 6, 1968.
The deaths of his two older brothers cast a long
shadow on Kennedy`s life, and prompted fears he too would be
targeted by an assassin`s bullet.
After his brothers` assassinations, Kennedy wrote in
his memoir "True Compass" released last year, that he was
easily startled at loud sounds, and would hit the deck
whenever a car backfired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof