New FBI documents show Kennedy death threats
Washington: Most of the secret FBI files on the late Sen. Edward Kennedy being released on Monday concern
death threats against the longtime senator.
Alex Brown of the Federal Bureau of Investigation`s
records management division said the FBI would post some 2,000
pages of previously secret pages about the Massachusetts
Democrat on the agency`s website.
The release of the documents has been highly
anticipated by historians, scholars and others interested in
the life and long public career of one of the most prominent
and powerful US politicians.
The Associated Press and other media organisations
requested the documents through Freedom of Information Act
Kennedy faced death threats when he ran for president
in 1980 and before that in the years following the
assassinations of his older brothers.
President John F Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas on
November 22, 1963. US Senator Robert F. Kennedy was slain in
Los Angeles on June 6, 1968.
The deaths of his two older brothers cast a long
shadow on Kennedy`s life, and prompted fears he too would be
targeted by an assassin`s bullet.
After his brothers` assassinations, Kennedy wrote in
his memoir "True Compass" released last year, that he was
easily startled at loud sounds, and would hit the deck
whenever a car backfired.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living