New Jersey Governor phones Obama, e-mails Romney
Washington: New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said that he had called President Barack Obama to congratulate him on his win in the 2012 White House race.
But he has only sent an e-mail to Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee for whom he campaigned heavily earlier this year.
“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion," Christie said of his Wednesday phone chat with Obama, Bloomberg reports.
"I said, `Congratulations on your win last night, Mr President’, and he said, `Thank you’,” he added.
According to the Huff Post, when asked if he`d given Romney the same treatment, Christie said that he hadn`t.
“No. We exchanged e-mails last night. We haven’t spoken on the phone yet,” Christie said.
Christie has been a favourite scapegoat among Romney supporters who claim that the New Jersey Governor’s public praise of Obama`s handling of Superstorm Sandy damaged Romney`s campaign in its last days.
Christie has, however, rejected such criticism, maintaining that he full-heartedly supported Romney.
According to the report, Christie had said there were no political undertones in his coordination with Obama in efforts to deal with devastation from the storm.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Kabir Khan's message to the media after being 'heckled in Pakistan' is epic!
- Subrata Roy's health deteriorating in jail, can't survive another summer: Sahara tells SC
- BJP doing 'gundagardi' in name of making people say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', says Arvind Kejriwal
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra