New Jersey Governor phones Obama, e-mails Romney
Washington: New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said that he had called President Barack Obama to congratulate him on his win in the 2012 White House race.
But he has only sent an e-mail to Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee for whom he campaigned heavily earlier this year.
“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion," Christie said of his Wednesday phone chat with Obama, Bloomberg reports.
"I said, `Congratulations on your win last night, Mr President’, and he said, `Thank you’,” he added.
According to the Huff Post, when asked if he`d given Romney the same treatment, Christie said that he hadn`t.
“No. We exchanged e-mails last night. We haven’t spoken on the phone yet,” Christie said.
Christie has been a favourite scapegoat among Romney supporters who claim that the New Jersey Governor’s public praise of Obama`s handling of Superstorm Sandy damaged Romney`s campaign in its last days.
Christie has, however, rejected such criticism, maintaining that he full-heartedly supported Romney.
According to the report, Christie had said there were no political undertones in his coordination with Obama in efforts to deal with devastation from the storm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested