New law allows Duchess Kate`s daughter to become Queen
London: Whether Kate gives birth to a daughter or a son, her first born will become the British monarch, as the laws of succession that stated that only firstborn boys could inherit the throne are about to be replaced after 300 years.
The Queen is set to give her Royal Assent to the Bill that will end the archaic principle of men taking precedence over women in line to the throne, Sky News reported.
A Cabinet Office spokesman has told Sky News that having received its third reading in the House of Lords, The Succession to the Crown Bill will be sent to the 87-year-old monarch "in the coming days or weeks."
The Bill will also end the bar on anyone in the line of succession marrying a Roman Catholic and scrap the provision that requires any descendant of George II to seek the Sovereign`s permission to marry.
Instead, only the first six people in line to the Throne will be required to do so.
The new rules ending archaic Primogeniture applies to any baby who is born in the line of succession, since the Bill was announced in Australia, at the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in October 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp