New leads on Sweden suicide bomber accomplices: Media
Stockholm: The man who narrowly missed
wreaking carnage in Stockholm with Sweden`s first suicide
bombing may have had links to radical Muslim preacher Abu
Hamza, media reported on Thursday.
They also said that other voices could be heard on an
audio message the suicide bomber sent out before Saturday`s
attack near a busy pedestrian shopping street in the Swedish
The Svenska Dagbladet daily reported, quoting sources
with insight into the case, that British police were looking
into a possible connection between Taimour Abdulwahab, who is
strongly believed to have been the Stockholm bomber and
Hamza, the former imam of the once-notorious Finsbury
Park mosque in north London, was jailed in Britain for seven
years in 2007 for inciting followers to murder non-believers.
TV4 meanwhile reported that it had hired a sound
technician to analyse the audio message the Stockholm bomber
sent to police and media shortly before he first blew up his
car and minutes later himself.
"There are at least two people" heard on the message,
sound technician Johan Oehgren told the commercial
"It is not possible to speak while breathing in. You can
clearly hear there is someone else in the room," he added.
Police have yet to confirm that Saturday`s bomber, who
was the only person to die, had helpers.
The bomber was carrying a cocktail of explosives and is
believed to have detonated a small charge prematurely,
prosecutor Tomas Lindstrand said Monday.
Two other people were injured when his car exploded
nearby minutes earlier.
The Expressen daily meanwhile reported today that
Sweden`s domestic intelligence agency Saepo would begin
probing surveillance video feed from a petrol station in
Tranaas in southern Sweden, where Abdulwahab grew up.
He is believed to have driven the car he bought in
November from there to Stockholm before it exploded Saturday,
and police are reportedly scanning the surveillance tapes to
see if more people made the trip with him.
Saepo has also requested all pictures of cars that
exceeded the speed limit taken by cameras along the route from
Tranaas to Stockholm on Saturday in the hope of seeing a shot
of the bomber and his possible accomplices, Expressen
Saepo and the lead prosecutor on the case were scheduled
to give a press conference here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm