New Mexican president sworn in
Mexico City: Enrique Pena Nieto was sworn in Saturday as Mexico`s new president, prior to his ceremonial inauguration.
The 46-year-old replaces Felipe Calderon, who has ruled the country for 12 years of an interregnum for the Institutional Revolutionary Party which has governed Mexico for 71 years.
One of the key tasks for Nieto will be to handle the drug cartels that have caused 50,000 deaths in last six years.
Nieto has held a variety of posts in the Mexican government in the last decade including a state governorship. He won the presidential election in July with 38.21 percent of the vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress