New Mexican president sworn in
Mexico City: Enrique Pena Nieto was sworn in Saturday as Mexico`s new president, prior to his ceremonial inauguration.
The 46-year-old replaces Felipe Calderon, who has ruled the country for 12 years of an interregnum for the Institutional Revolutionary Party which has governed Mexico for 71 years.
One of the key tasks for Nieto will be to handle the drug cartels that have caused 50,000 deaths in last six years.
Nieto has held a variety of posts in the Mexican government in the last decade including a state governorship. He won the presidential election in July with 38.21 percent of the vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption