New Mexican president sworn in
Mexico City: Enrique Pena Nieto was sworn in Saturday as Mexico`s new president, prior to his ceremonial inauguration.
The 46-year-old replaces Felipe Calderon, who has ruled the country for 12 years of an interregnum for the Institutional Revolutionary Party which has governed Mexico for 71 years.
One of the key tasks for Nieto will be to handle the drug cartels that have caused 50,000 deaths in last six years.
Nieto has held a variety of posts in the Mexican government in the last decade including a state governorship. He won the presidential election in July with 38.21 percent of the vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site