New Muslim group threatens to launch terror atrocity similar to 7/7
London: A new Muslim extremist group has reportedly threatened to launch a terrorist atrocity similar to 7/7 during a highly provocative demonstration outside the front gates of Downing Street.
Calling themselves Muslims Against Crusaders, they chanted furiously against British soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq.
One could be clearly heard saying through a loud hailer: “There is no terrorism, only police terrorism. So, if you want to cause terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan, know that you are going to cause terrorism in the streets of UK.”
“You should realise that the same people you are hunting down in Iraq and Afghanistan, they have ambition to come and do some terrorism in UK,” he added.
“So, wake up before it’s too late, before there is another 7/7 or a 9/11. Wake up and stop the terrorism, stop the terrorism of your troops, of your Government,” he said.
Some of the demonstrators were supporters of Islam 4 UK, run by former solicitor Anjem Choudary. The group was banned by former Home Secretary Alan Johnson this year as it planned a protest march against soldiers at Wootton Bassett, the Wiltshire town which honours the war dead from Afghanistan.
Choudary insists he has nothing to do with Muslims Against Crusaders and was not at the Downing Street protest on Monday but he does promote their protests.
Choudary has joined forces with Omar Bakri Mohammad, who is banned from re-entering the UK after he fled to Lebanon in the wake of the 7/7 bombings in London. With them is Abdullah el-Faisal, deported from the UK in 2007 after being jailed for distributing recordings of speeches in which he solicited the murders of Jews and Hindus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured