New Muslim group threatens to launch terror atrocity similar to 7/7
London: A new Muslim extremist group has reportedly threatened to launch a terrorist atrocity similar to 7/7 during a highly provocative demonstration outside the front gates of Downing Street.
Calling themselves Muslims Against Crusaders, they chanted furiously against British soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq.
One could be clearly heard saying through a loud hailer: “There is no terrorism, only police terrorism. So, if you want to cause terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan, know that you are going to cause terrorism in the streets of UK.”
“You should realise that the same people you are hunting down in Iraq and Afghanistan, they have ambition to come and do some terrorism in UK,” he added.
“So, wake up before it’s too late, before there is another 7/7 or a 9/11. Wake up and stop the terrorism, stop the terrorism of your troops, of your Government,” he said.
Some of the demonstrators were supporters of Islam 4 UK, run by former solicitor Anjem Choudary. The group was banned by former Home Secretary Alan Johnson this year as it planned a protest march against soldiers at Wootton Bassett, the Wiltshire town which honours the war dead from Afghanistan.
Choudary insists he has nothing to do with Muslims Against Crusaders and was not at the Downing Street protest on Monday but he does promote their protests.
Choudary has joined forces with Omar Bakri Mohammad, who is banned from re-entering the UK after he fled to Lebanon in the wake of the 7/7 bombings in London. With them is Abdullah el-Faisal, deported from the UK in 2007 after being jailed for distributing recordings of speeches in which he solicited the murders of Jews and Hindus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review