New North Korea nuclear test possible: China
Beijing: China`s top general on Monday said that a fourth North Korean nuclear weapons test is a possibility that underscores the need for fresh talks between Pyongyang and other regional parties.
Chief of the General Staff Gen Fang Fenghui said Beijing firmly opposes the North`s nuclear weapons programme and wants to work with others on negotiations to end it.
He said Beijing`s preference is for a return to long-stalled disarmament talks involving the two Koreas, China, Russia, Japan and the US.
"We ask all sides to work actively to work on the North Koreans to stop nuclear tests and stop producing nuclear weapons," Fang told reporters. "We believe that dialogue should be the right solution."
Fang offered no indication as to when Beijing thought a test might happen or give other details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet