New Orleans Mother`s Day parade shooting in US injures 19
Washington: At least 19 people were injured in the US state of Louisiana Sunday when some gunmen opened fire at a Mother`s Day parade in New Orleans city, CNN reported.
According to police spokesperson Remi Braden, none of the injuries was believed to be life-threatening.
"This is an extremely unusual occurrence, and we`re confident that we will make swift arrests," Braden said.
It appeared "two or three people," for an unknown reason, started shooting at the crowd, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog