New Orleans Mother`s Day parade shooting in US injures 19
Washington: At least 19 people were injured in the US state of Louisiana Sunday when some gunmen opened fire at a Mother`s Day parade in New Orleans city, CNN reported.
According to police spokesperson Remi Braden, none of the injuries was believed to be life-threatening.
"This is an extremely unusual occurrence, and we`re confident that we will make swift arrests," Braden said.
It appeared "two or three people," for an unknown reason, started shooting at the crowd, a police official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis