New Orleans Mother`s Day parade shooting in US injures 19
Washington: At least 19 people were injured in the US state of Louisiana Sunday when some gunmen opened fire at a Mother`s Day parade in New Orleans city, CNN reported.
According to police spokesperson Remi Braden, none of the injuries was believed to be life-threatening.
"This is an extremely unusual occurrence, and we`re confident that we will make swift arrests," Braden said.
It appeared "two or three people," for an unknown reason, started shooting at the crowd, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube