New Orleans Mother`s Day parade shooting in US injures 19
Washington: At least 19 people were injured in the US state of Louisiana Sunday when some gunmen opened fire at a Mother`s Day parade in New Orleans city, CNN reported.
According to police spokesperson Remi Braden, none of the injuries was believed to be life-threatening.
"This is an extremely unusual occurrence, and we`re confident that we will make swift arrests," Braden said.
It appeared "two or three people," for an unknown reason, started shooting at the crowd, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site