`New round of Iran nuke talks set for Turkey`
Riyadh: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says Iran and six world powers have agreed to meet in Istanbul on April 13 for the latest round of talks about Iran`s nuclear program.
Clinton made the announcement at a news conference Saturday following a security conference in Saudi Arabia. That conference focused on the nuclear program, which the US and other believe is intended to develop nuclear weapons, and on military threats from Iran in the Persian Gulf region.
Iran and the six nations — the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China — met in Istanbul 14 months ago. But the talks ended after two days with the sides unable to agree on what to talk about.
Iran contends the program is solely for peaceful energy and research purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31