New US sanctions on Iran`s state-owned oil company
Washington: The Obama administration is imposing new sanctions on Iran`s state-owned oil company because of its links to the country`s hard-line Revolutionary Guard corps.
The Treasury Department`s designation comes on top of existing US sanctions on the National Iranian Oil Co. Governments may still import oil from Iran without the threat of American financial penalties if they are granted exemptions by the Obama administration.
Today`s action was praised by Democratic Rep Howard Berman. He said transactions with the National Iranian Oil Co. "directly support" the Revolutionary Guard`s role in Iran`s disputed nuclear development programme and its fomenting of international terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!