New US sanctions on Iran`s state-owned oil company
Washington: The Obama administration is imposing new sanctions on Iran`s state-owned oil company because of its links to the country`s hard-line Revolutionary Guard corps.
The Treasury Department`s designation comes on top of existing US sanctions on the National Iranian Oil Co. Governments may still import oil from Iran without the threat of American financial penalties if they are granted exemptions by the Obama administration.
Today`s action was praised by Democratic Rep Howard Berman. He said transactions with the National Iranian Oil Co. "directly support" the Revolutionary Guard`s role in Iran`s disputed nuclear development programme and its fomenting of international terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why