New US sanctions on Iran`s state-owned oil company
Washington: The Obama administration is imposing new sanctions on Iran`s state-owned oil company because of its links to the country`s hard-line Revolutionary Guard corps.
The Treasury Department`s designation comes on top of existing US sanctions on the National Iranian Oil Co. Governments may still import oil from Iran without the threat of American financial penalties if they are granted exemptions by the Obama administration.
Today`s action was praised by Democratic Rep Howard Berman. He said transactions with the National Iranian Oil Co. "directly support" the Revolutionary Guard`s role in Iran`s disputed nuclear development programme and its fomenting of international terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report