New video of French hostages in Afghanistan released: TV
Paris: A new video of two French
television journalists kidnapped a year ago by suspected Islamist insurgents east of Kabul has been released to authorities in France, a report said.
"The video has been authenticated. It was shot around
mid-November," journalist and presenter Carole Gaessler said
yesterday on France 3 television.
Foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero confirmed
the date and authenticity of the video, but did not provide
any further details.
Stephane Taponier and Herve Ghesquiere, a reporter and
a cameraman for the state-owned channel, were kidnapped on
December 30 last year in an area rife with anti-government insurgents.
In the video, Taponier talks to his family, while
Ghesquiere talks to his partner, Gaessler said.
French Foreign Minister Michele Alliot-Marie on Sunday
expressed hope that the two reporters would be released as
soon as possible.
"We known that they are alive, relatively healthy,
although it is clear that after a year things are starting to
weigh," she said.
A senior French military official in September
suggested that the two reporters could be rescued by
Christmas, but President Nicolas Sarkozy would not confirm
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi