New video of French hostages in Afghanistan released: TV
Paris: A new video of two French
television journalists kidnapped a year ago by suspected Islamist insurgents east of Kabul has been released to authorities in France, a report said.
"The video has been authenticated. It was shot around
mid-November," journalist and presenter Carole Gaessler said
yesterday on France 3 television.
Foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero confirmed
the date and authenticity of the video, but did not provide
any further details.
Stephane Taponier and Herve Ghesquiere, a reporter and
a cameraman for the state-owned channel, were kidnapped on
December 30 last year in an area rife with anti-government insurgents.
In the video, Taponier talks to his family, while
Ghesquiere talks to his partner, Gaessler said.
French Foreign Minister Michele Alliot-Marie on Sunday
expressed hope that the two reporters would be released as
soon as possible.
"We known that they are alive, relatively healthy,
although it is clear that after a year things are starting to
weigh," she said.
A senior French military official in September
suggested that the two reporters could be rescued by
Christmas, but President Nicolas Sarkozy would not confirm
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read