New video of French hostages in Afghanistan released: TV
Paris: A new video of two French
television journalists kidnapped a year ago by suspected Islamist insurgents east of Kabul has been released to authorities in France, a report said.
"The video has been authenticated. It was shot around
mid-November," journalist and presenter Carole Gaessler said
yesterday on France 3 television.
Foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero confirmed
the date and authenticity of the video, but did not provide
any further details.
Stephane Taponier and Herve Ghesquiere, a reporter and
a cameraman for the state-owned channel, were kidnapped on
December 30 last year in an area rife with anti-government insurgents.
In the video, Taponier talks to his family, while
Ghesquiere talks to his partner, Gaessler said.
French Foreign Minister Michele Alliot-Marie on Sunday
expressed hope that the two reporters would be released as
soon as possible.
"We known that they are alive, relatively healthy,
although it is clear that after a year things are starting to
weigh," she said.
A senior French military official in September
suggested that the two reporters could be rescued by
Christmas, but President Nicolas Sarkozy would not confirm
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?