New video of moments after Gaddafi`s death out
London: A gruesome new video showing slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s body being abused by rebels has surfaced on the internet.
In the shocking clip, which was posted to YouTube on Monday, high-spirited demonstrators apparently use the Libyan dictator`s corpse as a ventriloquist `s doll.
The footage came to light after a Syrian activist linked to it on Twitter, aiming a threat at Syria`s leader Bashar Al Assad, The Daily Mail reported.
The little over one minute-long video, whose authenticity cannot be independently verified, seems to have been filmed on October 20 last year, the day Gaddafi was captured and killed by rebel troops.
It shows a confused scene of celebration as young men shout and cheer next to a van containing an apparently dead body which resembles the dictator.
Its release comes less than two weeks after Libya`s first democratic elections, which appear to have handed a victory to secular liberal forces.
Gaddafi ruled the Libya with an iron hand after wresting control from King Idris in a bloodless coup in 1969.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...