New video of moments after Gaddafi`s death out
London: A gruesome new video showing slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s body being abused by rebels has surfaced on the internet.
In the shocking clip, which was posted to YouTube on Monday, high-spirited demonstrators apparently use the Libyan dictator`s corpse as a ventriloquist `s doll.
The footage came to light after a Syrian activist linked to it on Twitter, aiming a threat at Syria`s leader Bashar Al Assad, The Daily Mail reported.
The little over one minute-long video, whose authenticity cannot be independently verified, seems to have been filmed on October 20 last year, the day Gaddafi was captured and killed by rebel troops.
It shows a confused scene of celebration as young men shout and cheer next to a van containing an apparently dead body which resembles the dictator.
Its release comes less than two weeks after Libya`s first democratic elections, which appear to have handed a victory to secular liberal forces.
Gaddafi ruled the Libya with an iron hand after wresting control from King Idris in a bloodless coup in 1969.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!