New video of moments after Gaddafi`s death out
London: A gruesome new video showing slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s body being abused by rebels has surfaced on the internet.
In the shocking clip, which was posted to YouTube on Monday, high-spirited demonstrators apparently use the Libyan dictator`s corpse as a ventriloquist `s doll.
The footage came to light after a Syrian activist linked to it on Twitter, aiming a threat at Syria`s leader Bashar Al Assad, The Daily Mail reported.
The little over one minute-long video, whose authenticity cannot be independently verified, seems to have been filmed on October 20 last year, the day Gaddafi was captured and killed by rebel troops.
It shows a confused scene of celebration as young men shout and cheer next to a van containing an apparently dead body which resembles the dictator.
Its release comes less than two weeks after Libya`s first democratic elections, which appear to have handed a victory to secular liberal forces.
Gaddafi ruled the Libya with an iron hand after wresting control from King Idris in a bloodless coup in 1969.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing