New video of moments after Gaddafi`s death out
London: A gruesome new video showing slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s body being abused by rebels has surfaced on the internet.
In the shocking clip, which was posted to YouTube on Monday, high-spirited demonstrators apparently use the Libyan dictator`s corpse as a ventriloquist `s doll.
The footage came to light after a Syrian activist linked to it on Twitter, aiming a threat at Syria`s leader Bashar Al Assad, The Daily Mail reported.
The little over one minute-long video, whose authenticity cannot be independently verified, seems to have been filmed on October 20 last year, the day Gaddafi was captured and killed by rebel troops.
It shows a confused scene of celebration as young men shout and cheer next to a van containing an apparently dead body which resembles the dictator.
Its release comes less than two weeks after Libya`s first democratic elections, which appear to have handed a victory to secular liberal forces.
Gaddafi ruled the Libya with an iron hand after wresting control from King Idris in a bloodless coup in 1969.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report