New video of moments after Gaddafi`s death out
London: A gruesome new video showing slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s body being abused by rebels has surfaced on the internet.
In the shocking clip, which was posted to YouTube on Monday, high-spirited demonstrators apparently use the Libyan dictator`s corpse as a ventriloquist `s doll.
The footage came to light after a Syrian activist linked to it on Twitter, aiming a threat at Syria`s leader Bashar Al Assad, The Daily Mail reported.
The little over one minute-long video, whose authenticity cannot be independently verified, seems to have been filmed on October 20 last year, the day Gaddafi was captured and killed by rebel troops.
It shows a confused scene of celebration as young men shout and cheer next to a van containing an apparently dead body which resembles the dictator.
Its release comes less than two weeks after Libya`s first democratic elections, which appear to have handed a victory to secular liberal forces.
Gaddafi ruled the Libya with an iron hand after wresting control from King Idris in a bloodless coup in 1969.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre