New Year`s eve hotel stay in Sydney costliest
Canberra: Sydney became the third most expensive city across the world to stay in on the New Year`s eve after Rio de Janeiro and New York, according to accommodation search site Trivago.
A hotel price comparison of world cities done by Trivago showed that visitors to Sydney are expected to spend $600 a night to stay up to 2014, which is 200 dollars more than last New Year night, reported Xinhua.
But there are costlier places too. Brazil`s Rio de Janeiro will see $791 a night and New York will see $700 a night, way more expensive than Sydney.
Except for Sydney, however, the spending on New Year`s accommodation has dropped this year in other major cities of Australia.
Melbourne accommodation price dropped 8 percent to $230, while that of Brisbane is down 17 percent to $189 and that at Adelaide is down 18 percent to only $158.
Trivago is a travel search engine focusing on hotels. The site compares prices for more than 600,000 hotels worldwide on over 140 booking sites.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'