New York City buildings collapse leaves two dead, more fatalities likely
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New York: At least two people have been reported dead and around 20 injured after two New York City buildings collapsed from a massive explosion on Wednesday. The explosion which is suspected to by gas leakage left around 20 people injured.
Fire officials said that the Firefighters at the scene were still frantically searching for the survivors digging through rubble hours later of the blast. Many people are feared trapped in the debris of the collapsed buildings.
Also Read: New York City buildings collapse: As it happened
According to CNN, three people injured in the accident are said to be in serious condition and are being treated at Mount Sinai Hospital. Firefighters fear that there could be more fatalities.
After the explosion, a cloud of smoke rose over the site of collapse which is largely a residential area. Some of the residents of the area said that it sounded like a bomb blast.
The Metro-North service was suspended after the explosion as debris from the building landed on the elevated train tracks on 116th Street and Park Avenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city