New York City buildings collapse leaves two dead, more fatalities likely
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New York: At least two people have been reported dead and around 20 injured after two New York City buildings collapsed from a massive explosion on Wednesday. The explosion which is suspected to by gas leakage left around 20 people injured.
Fire officials said that the Firefighters at the scene were still frantically searching for the survivors digging through rubble hours later of the blast. Many people are feared trapped in the debris of the collapsed buildings.
Also Read: New York City buildings collapse: As it happened
According to CNN, three people injured in the accident are said to be in serious condition and are being treated at Mount Sinai Hospital. Firefighters fear that there could be more fatalities.
After the explosion, a cloud of smoke rose over the site of collapse which is largely a residential area. Some of the residents of the area said that it sounded like a bomb blast.
The Metro-North service was suspended after the explosion as debris from the building landed on the elevated train tracks on 116th Street and Park Avenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees