New York City buildings collapse leaves two dead, more fatalities likely
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New York: At least two people have been reported dead and around 20 injured after two New York City buildings collapsed from a massive explosion on Wednesday. The explosion which is suspected to by gas leakage left around 20 people injured.
Fire officials said that the Firefighters at the scene were still frantically searching for the survivors digging through rubble hours later of the blast. Many people are feared trapped in the debris of the collapsed buildings.
Also Read: New York City buildings collapse: As it happened
According to CNN, three people injured in the accident are said to be in serious condition and are being treated at Mount Sinai Hospital. Firefighters fear that there could be more fatalities.
After the explosion, a cloud of smoke rose over the site of collapse which is largely a residential area. Some of the residents of the area said that it sounded like a bomb blast.
The Metro-North service was suspended after the explosion as debris from the building landed on the elevated train tracks on 116th Street and Park Avenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa