New York City buildings collapse leaves two dead, more fatalities likely
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New York: At least two people have been reported dead and around 20 injured after two New York City buildings collapsed from a massive explosion on Wednesday. The explosion which is suspected to by gas leakage left around 20 people injured.
Fire officials said that the Firefighters at the scene were still frantically searching for the survivors digging through rubble hours later of the blast. Many people are feared trapped in the debris of the collapsed buildings.
Also Read: New York City buildings collapse: As it happened
According to CNN, three people injured in the accident are said to be in serious condition and are being treated at Mount Sinai Hospital. Firefighters fear that there could be more fatalities.
After the explosion, a cloud of smoke rose over the site of collapse which is largely a residential area. Some of the residents of the area said that it sounded like a bomb blast.
The Metro-North service was suspended after the explosion as debris from the building landed on the elevated train tracks on 116th Street and Park Avenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya