New York City buildings collapse leaves two dead, more fatalities likely
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New York: At least two people have been reported dead and around 20 injured after two New York City buildings collapsed from a massive explosion on Wednesday. The explosion which is suspected to by gas leakage left around 20 people injured.
Fire officials said that the Firefighters at the scene were still frantically searching for the survivors digging through rubble hours later of the blast. Many people are feared trapped in the debris of the collapsed buildings.
Also Read: New York City buildings collapse: As it happened
According to CNN, three people injured in the accident are said to be in serious condition and are being treated at Mount Sinai Hospital. Firefighters fear that there could be more fatalities.
After the explosion, a cloud of smoke rose over the site of collapse which is largely a residential area. Some of the residents of the area said that it sounded like a bomb blast.
The Metro-North service was suspended after the explosion as debris from the building landed on the elevated train tracks on 116th Street and Park Avenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway
- Italy earthquake toll rises to 267
- No pathway for legal status for illegal immigrants: Trump