New York governor, other officials head to Israel
Albany: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and top state legislators are heading to Israel this week for a two-day visit to show "solidarity" during that country`s conflict in Gaza.
Cuomo, Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate co-leaders Dean Skelos and Jeff Klein will travel to Israel tomorrow. Cuomo announced the trip yesterday, saying the delegation would meet with Israeli leaders and visit residents affected by the fighting.
Cuomo says New York has a "special relationship" with Israel and he`s proud to be leading the bipartisan visit to "reaffirm our friendship and support."
Cuomo, Silver and Klein are Democrats. Skelos is a Republican.
Others joining them include Cuomo`s brother-in-law, designer Kenneth Cole, and publisher Mort Zuckerman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss