New York governor, other officials head to Israel
Albany: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and top state legislators are heading to Israel this week for a two-day visit to show "solidarity" during that country`s conflict in Gaza.
Cuomo, Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate co-leaders Dean Skelos and Jeff Klein will travel to Israel tomorrow. Cuomo announced the trip yesterday, saying the delegation would meet with Israeli leaders and visit residents affected by the fighting.
Cuomo says New York has a "special relationship" with Israel and he`s proud to be leading the bipartisan visit to "reaffirm our friendship and support."
Cuomo, Silver and Klein are Democrats. Skelos is a Republican.
Others joining them include Cuomo`s brother-in-law, designer Kenneth Cole, and publisher Mort Zuckerman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know