New York Guv unveils official 9/11 memorial flag
New York: New York`s Governor says the state`s official September 11 Memorial Flag will be raised at the Capitol in Albany and at the World Trade Centre site in New York City for the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks.
The flag shows the Twin Towers in white against a dark blue background. The image is surrounded by a five-sided figure representing the Pentagon and 40 yellow stars for the people who died when Flight 93 crashed in Shanksville, Pa. Below the image, it says "We Remember”.
Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Tuesday the flag is meant to serve as a symbol of respect for those who died and of New Yorkers` resilience.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum will sell replica flags to raise funds for museum programs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh