New York subway to begin limited service today
New York: The New York subway will begin its limited service from Thursday, an official said.
Limited commuter rail service on the Metro-North Railroad, a suburban rail service, and Long Island Rail Road, north America`s second busiest railroad, was expected to resume at 2 pm on Wednesday, Xinhua reported.
Speaking during a press conference, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, however, called for patience due to the prevailing traffic condition.
Though bus service in New York has been restored, traffic remained slow because of heavy traffic and passengers could be seen queuing up in long lines on Wednesday.
Many tunnels that carry trains were flooded by the Hurricane Sandy, which represents the worst natural disaster in the transit system`s 108-year history.
Millions of people in the worst hit New York and New Jersey as well as across the US East Coast on Wednesday began picking pieces of their lives shattered by Hurricane Sandy that left 48 dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'