New York subway to begin limited service today
New York: The New York subway will begin its limited service from Thursday, an official said.
Limited commuter rail service on the Metro-North Railroad, a suburban rail service, and Long Island Rail Road, north America`s second busiest railroad, was expected to resume at 2 pm on Wednesday, Xinhua reported.
Speaking during a press conference, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, however, called for patience due to the prevailing traffic condition.
Though bus service in New York has been restored, traffic remained slow because of heavy traffic and passengers could be seen queuing up in long lines on Wednesday.
Many tunnels that carry trains were flooded by the Hurricane Sandy, which represents the worst natural disaster in the transit system`s 108-year history.
Millions of people in the worst hit New York and New Jersey as well as across the US East Coast on Wednesday began picking pieces of their lives shattered by Hurricane Sandy that left 48 dead.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative