New York subway to begin limited service today
New York: The New York subway will begin its limited service from Thursday, an official said.
Limited commuter rail service on the Metro-North Railroad, a suburban rail service, and Long Island Rail Road, north America`s second busiest railroad, was expected to resume at 2 pm on Wednesday, Xinhua reported.
Speaking during a press conference, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, however, called for patience due to the prevailing traffic condition.
Though bus service in New York has been restored, traffic remained slow because of heavy traffic and passengers could be seen queuing up in long lines on Wednesday.
Many tunnels that carry trains were flooded by the Hurricane Sandy, which represents the worst natural disaster in the transit system`s 108-year history.
Millions of people in the worst hit New York and New Jersey as well as across the US East Coast on Wednesday began picking pieces of their lives shattered by Hurricane Sandy that left 48 dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday