New Zealand bomb scare a false alarm: Police
Wellington: A bomb scare that led to the evacuation of New Zealand`s Parliament in central Wellington on Thursday was a false alarm, police said.
Bomb disposal experts carried out a controlled explosion on a suitcase found near the Parliament building on Thursday afternoon but found only clothes and personal items inside, police said.
They said parliamentary staff had returned to the distinctive building, known as the Beehive, and roadblocks on surrounding streets had been lifted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation