New Zealand bomb scare a false alarm: Police
Wellington: A bomb scare that led to the evacuation of New Zealand`s Parliament in central Wellington on Thursday was a false alarm, police said.
Bomb disposal experts carried out a controlled explosion on a suitcase found near the Parliament building on Thursday afternoon but found only clothes and personal items inside, police said.
They said parliamentary staff had returned to the distinctive building, known as the Beehive, and roadblocks on surrounding streets had been lifted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA : What is the reason behind increasing difference between rich and poor?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city