New Zealand bomb scare a false alarm: Police
Wellington: A bomb scare that led to the evacuation of New Zealand`s Parliament in central Wellington on Thursday was a false alarm, police said.
Bomb disposal experts carried out a controlled explosion on a suitcase found near the Parliament building on Thursday afternoon but found only clothes and personal items inside, police said.
They said parliamentary staff had returned to the distinctive building, known as the Beehive, and roadblocks on surrounding streets had been lifted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional