Newly appointed Haiti culture minister dies
Port-au-Prince: Former journalist and newly-appointed Haitian culture minister Choiseul Henriquez died while in Canada. He was 51.
The office of President Michel Martelly said in a statement on Saturday night that Henriquez died of a brain hemorrhage on Friday while in Ottawa. It said he had suffered from diabetes and hypertension.
Henriquez was tapped to serve as minister of culture and communication in October, but was never sworn in because of his health problems, the privately owned station Radio Kiskeya said.
He served as a press secretary during the first term of two-time President Rene Preval, Martelly`s predecessor. Henriquez had also worked as a journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal