Newly appointed Haiti culture minister dies
Port-au-Prince: Former journalist and newly-appointed Haitian culture minister Choiseul Henriquez died while in Canada. He was 51.
The office of President Michel Martelly said in a statement on Saturday night that Henriquez died of a brain hemorrhage on Friday while in Ottawa. It said he had suffered from diabetes and hypertension.
Henriquez was tapped to serve as minister of culture and communication in October, but was never sworn in because of his health problems, the privately owned station Radio Kiskeya said.
He served as a press secretary during the first term of two-time President Rene Preval, Martelly`s predecessor. Henriquez had also worked as a journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video