Newly appointed Haiti culture minister dies
Port-au-Prince: Former journalist and newly-appointed Haitian culture minister Choiseul Henriquez died while in Canada. He was 51.
The office of President Michel Martelly said in a statement on Saturday night that Henriquez died of a brain hemorrhage on Friday while in Ottawa. It said he had suffered from diabetes and hypertension.
Henriquez was tapped to serve as minister of culture and communication in October, but was never sworn in because of his health problems, the privately owned station Radio Kiskeya said.
He served as a press secretary during the first term of two-time President Rene Preval, Martelly`s predecessor. Henriquez had also worked as a journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what