Newly-wed Indian woman wins prime property in Dubai radio show
Dubai: A newly-wed Indian woman, who was visiting her husband in Dubai, has won a prime property in her home state in a competition run by a radio station, according to a media report.
Sruthymol V, 24, won the property three months after her marriage, when she flew into Dubai on a visit visa.
Sruthymol, who has graduated in computer science and engineering, was selected as the winner of 2,500 sqft of prime property in her home state Kerala in a competition run by Malayalam radio station Hit 96.7 FM, the Khaleej Times said.
She `hit the jackpot` when her winning message was picked by the station`s randomiser from among a whopping 4.4 million messages the channel received for the contest held to mark its 10th anniversary in June.
"He (her husband Maneesh) had promised to get me a mobile phone when I go back to India if I don`t get a job. But he decided to buy the phone soon because of these contests run by Hit 96.7 FM," the newspaper quoted her as saying.
To participate in the competition, listeners had to send free messages through the channel`s mobile app.
Sruthymol sent 1,922 messages in total, which is low compared to some senders who texted more than 20,000 messages.
No radio contests have given away such generous prizes to its listeners in the UAE.
"This is a record number of listener interaction under our group ARN`s radio network. We are checking if it is a record at the national or international level," said Maya Kartha, deputy content director at Hit 96.7 FM.
Located close to the Kochi Smart City project, a joint venture of the Dubai and Kerala governments, the plot won by Sruthymol is valued at about Rs 4 million.
The couple wishes to build a home on the plot which is in the frontage area of a gated community being developed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users