News Corp`s Murdoch heckled during US speech
San Francisco: Protesters associated with the
Occupy Wall Street movement heckled News Corp CEO Rupert
Murdoch during a speech at an education forum in San
Murdoch was repeatedly interrupted today as he talked at
a downtown hotel about technology`s role in improving the
country`s public education system.
Protesters accused Murdoch of trying to profit from the
public education system. About half a dozen people were
escorted out of the hotel, but they said they were not
Murdoch appeared unfazed, telling the crowd that
controversy makes things more interesting.
He was appearing as part of a two-day education forum
sponsored by the Foundation for Excellence in Education, a
group chaired by former Florida Gov Jeb Bush. It champions
school vouchers, charter schools and performance pay for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer