Next CIA head Brennan converted to Islam in Saudi: Ex-FBI agent
London: John Brennan, who has been nominated by Barack Obama as the new director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), converted to Islam while working as a station chief in Saudi Arabia in the 1990s, a former FBI agent has claimed.
In a radio interview, John Guandolo, who retired from the FBI in 2008, said that Brennan visited the Islamic holy cities of Mecca and Medina accompanied by Saudi officials who may have persuaded him to convert.
Guandolo told the Trento Radio Show via Skype that Brennan visited the holy sites during the Hajj season, while serving as CIA station chief in Riyadh between 1996 and 1999, a report on Al Arabiya News said.
According to the Daily Mail, the ex- FBI agent said that Brennan was `unfit` to take charge of the CIA.
He added that U.S. Government officials based in Saudi Arabia during the period when Brennan worked there `were direct witnesses to his growing relationships with individuals who work with the Saudi government and they witnessed his conversion to Islam`.
Brennan, 57, has spent more than three decades working in intelligence. He was nominated as the new head of the CIA on January 7 by Obama, after predecessor General David Petraeus was forced to resign amid a scandal surrounding an affair with his biographer.
The CIA is yet to respond to the MailOnline regarding Guandolo`s claims about Brennan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state