Next CIA head Brennan converted to Islam in Saudi: Ex-FBI agent
London: John Brennan, who has been nominated by Barack Obama as the new director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), converted to Islam while working as a station chief in Saudi Arabia in the 1990s, a former FBI agent has claimed.
In a radio interview, John Guandolo, who retired from the FBI in 2008, said that Brennan visited the Islamic holy cities of Mecca and Medina accompanied by Saudi officials who may have persuaded him to convert.
Guandolo told the Trento Radio Show via Skype that Brennan visited the holy sites during the Hajj season, while serving as CIA station chief in Riyadh between 1996 and 1999, a report on Al Arabiya News said.
According to the Daily Mail, the ex- FBI agent said that Brennan was `unfit` to take charge of the CIA.
He added that U.S. Government officials based in Saudi Arabia during the period when Brennan worked there `were direct witnesses to his growing relationships with individuals who work with the Saudi government and they witnessed his conversion to Islam`.
Brennan, 57, has spent more than three decades working in intelligence. He was nominated as the new head of the CIA on January 7 by Obama, after predecessor General David Petraeus was forced to resign amid a scandal surrounding an affair with his biographer.
The CIA is yet to respond to the MailOnline regarding Guandolo`s claims about Brennan, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani