Nicolas Sarkozy mulling running for French president
London: Nicolas Sarkozy is planning to run for the post of French President again in four years time, in defiance of his wife Carla Bruni’s wishes, it has been revealed.
The 45-year-old former supermodel said recently that she has no wish for Sarkozy to get involved in all that again as the couple are happy with their lives.
Sarkozy’s former foreign minister and close friend Alain Juppe has said that the defeated president will campaign for the leadership again in 2017, the Daily Mail reported.
He told France’s Parliamentary TV channel LCP that he’s got the feeling that he will run for the Presidential post - even if it is not for him to answer the question in Sarkozy’s place.
He said that Sarkozy is in France and is following politics with great deal of attention, adding that from their regular phone calls he could tell that he is extremely vigilant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report