Nicolas Sarkozy mulling running for French president
London: Nicolas Sarkozy is planning to run for the post of French President again in four years time, in defiance of his wife Carla Bruni’s wishes, it has been revealed.
The 45-year-old former supermodel said recently that she has no wish for Sarkozy to get involved in all that again as the couple are happy with their lives.
Sarkozy’s former foreign minister and close friend Alain Juppe has said that the defeated president will campaign for the leadership again in 2017, the Daily Mail reported.
He told France’s Parliamentary TV channel LCP that he’s got the feeling that he will run for the Presidential post - even if it is not for him to answer the question in Sarkozy’s place.
He said that Sarkozy is in France and is following politics with great deal of attention, adding that from their regular phone calls he could tell that he is extremely vigilant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family