Nicolas Sarkozy mulling running for French president
London: Nicolas Sarkozy is planning to run for the post of French President again in four years time, in defiance of his wife Carla Bruni’s wishes, it has been revealed.
The 45-year-old former supermodel said recently that she has no wish for Sarkozy to get involved in all that again as the couple are happy with their lives.
Sarkozy’s former foreign minister and close friend Alain Juppe has said that the defeated president will campaign for the leadership again in 2017, the Daily Mail reported.
He told France’s Parliamentary TV channel LCP that he’s got the feeling that he will run for the Presidential post - even if it is not for him to answer the question in Sarkozy’s place.
He said that Sarkozy is in France and is following politics with great deal of attention, adding that from their regular phone calls he could tell that he is extremely vigilant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information