Nigeria: 10 die in truck crash
Kano: A medical official says 10
people have died in a truck crash, the third reported incident
of its kind in the last week in Nigeria`s north.
Yusuf Makama said today that a truck collided with a
16-seat minibus yesterday evening along a highway in Jigawa
state and injured four others.
Eyewitness Ahmed Mudi Shantake says a jaywalker caused the
Authorities say 30 people have died in two recent truck
crashes in the country`s north.
Crashes are common on Nigeria`s poorly maintained roads.
Drivers often travel at high speed and overtake slower
vehicles, leading to head-on collisions and high death rates.
Even main cities are linked by pitted, two-lane roads
crammed with passenger buses, trucks laden with goods and
rickety private vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP