Nigeria: 10 die in truck crash
Kano: A medical official says 10
people have died in a truck crash, the third reported incident
of its kind in the last week in Nigeria`s north.
Yusuf Makama said today that a truck collided with a
16-seat minibus yesterday evening along a highway in Jigawa
state and injured four others.
Eyewitness Ahmed Mudi Shantake says a jaywalker caused the
Authorities say 30 people have died in two recent truck
crashes in the country`s north.
Crashes are common on Nigeria`s poorly maintained roads.
Drivers often travel at high speed and overtake slower
vehicles, leading to head-on collisions and high death rates.
Even main cities are linked by pitted, two-lane roads
crammed with passenger buses, trucks laden with goods and
rickety private vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack