Nigeria: 29 killed in road accident
Abuja: A total of 29 people were killed in a road accident in Nigeria on Friday, reported Xinhua.
According to Nigeria`s road commission, the accident occurred on the Potiskum-Kano road in Yobe state when two buses coming from opposite sides had a head on collision.
The buses went up in flames after collision, killing 29 passengers and charring nine of them beyond recognition, said an official with the Federal Road Safety Commission, adding reckless driving and over-speeding caused the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details