Nigeria: 50 die in road accidents
Abuja: At least 50 people were killed in two
road accidents, involving a head on collision between two
passenger buses and a trailer ramming into stranded vehicles,
in Nigeria on Friday.
Two road accidents took place in Nigeria`s northern
interstate road of Azare-Potiskum and Southern city of Onitsha
killed 32 and 18 persons respectively yesterday.
The spokesman for Nigeria`s Federal Road Safety
Commission (FRSC), Ibrahim Geidam said the northern accident
involved two passenger buses travelling opposite direction
that collided killing all occupants.
The Onitsha accident occurred when a moving trailer was
evading a road block and ran into some other vehicles
"The northern accident took place about 10 km away from
Azare town, near a village, called Kuskure, and it involved
two commercial buses," he said.
At Onitsha, a news agency learnt that some persons trying to
collect emblem fees for Anambra State government made the
driver of a lorry with to lose control and ram into a crowded
area and other vehicles.
Nigeria, Africa`s top oil producer has pothole filled
roads and drivers that overspeed.
Accidents are rampant along intercity roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi