Nigeria: 50 die in road accidents
Abuja: At least 50 people were killed in two
road accidents, involving a head on collision between two
passenger buses and a trailer ramming into stranded vehicles,
in Nigeria on Friday.
Two road accidents took place in Nigeria`s northern
interstate road of Azare-Potiskum and Southern city of Onitsha
killed 32 and 18 persons respectively yesterday.
The spokesman for Nigeria`s Federal Road Safety
Commission (FRSC), Ibrahim Geidam said the northern accident
involved two passenger buses travelling opposite direction
that collided killing all occupants.
The Onitsha accident occurred when a moving trailer was
evading a road block and ran into some other vehicles
"The northern accident took place about 10 km away from
Azare town, near a village, called Kuskure, and it involved
two commercial buses," he said.
At Onitsha, a news agency learnt that some persons trying to
collect emblem fees for Anambra State government made the
driver of a lorry with to lose control and ram into a crowded
area and other vehicles.
Nigeria, Africa`s top oil producer has pothole filled
roads and drivers that overspeed.
Accidents are rampant along intercity roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi