Nigeria: 50 die in road accidents
Abuja: At least 50 people were killed in two
road accidents, involving a head on collision between two
passenger buses and a trailer ramming into stranded vehicles,
in Nigeria on Friday.
Two road accidents took place in Nigeria`s northern
interstate road of Azare-Potiskum and Southern city of Onitsha
killed 32 and 18 persons respectively yesterday.
The spokesman for Nigeria`s Federal Road Safety
Commission (FRSC), Ibrahim Geidam said the northern accident
involved two passenger buses travelling opposite direction
that collided killing all occupants.
The Onitsha accident occurred when a moving trailer was
evading a road block and ran into some other vehicles
"The northern accident took place about 10 km away from
Azare town, near a village, called Kuskure, and it involved
two commercial buses," he said.
At Onitsha, a news agency learnt that some persons trying to
collect emblem fees for Anambra State government made the
driver of a lorry with to lose control and ram into a crowded
area and other vehicles.
Nigeria, Africa`s top oil producer has pothole filled
roads and drivers that overspeed.
Accidents are rampant along intercity roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery