Nigeria: Blast kills 10-yr-old boy, injures 10
Abuja: A 10-year-old boy was killed and 10 people were injured in a bomb blast in Nigeria`s northern city of Bauchi, police said on Monday.
"There was an IED explosion in Bayan Gari last evening. A boy died and 10 people were injured. The wounded have been taken to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital in Bauchi." State Police Commissioner Mohammed Ladan said.
Another security source who opted for anonymity claimed that the bomb was not targetted at anybody but was a leftover of an earlier bomb that exploded in the area recently.
He said some people who were drinking beer inside a bar and five passers-by were injured. But police said the bomb was planted in a wheelbarrow by a fruit seller.
Bauchi city is the capital of Bauchi state and has come under frequent bomb attacks by the radical Islamic sect Boko Haram which plans to establish a Muslim Emirate in northern part of Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered