Nigeria: Car bomb kills 2 militants, injures 2
Abuja: Two militants were killed and two
soldiers injured when a car bomb went off in Nigeria on Saturday
during a raid in an area believed to be a hideout of suspected
radical Muslim group Boko Haram.
The raid took place in the city of Kano where multiple
bombings and attack killed more than 185 people on January
20, said Brigadier General Iliyasu Abba, a spokesman for the
country`s Joint Task Force (JTF) deployed to combat militancy
in Nigeria`s northern region.
According to him, the sect members intentionally
detonated the bomb in order to cause casualty.
He said four women suspected to be wives of the sect
members and eight children were detained after the gun duel
between the suspected Boko Haram members and soldiers.
Insurgency by members of Boko Haram has been growing in
Boko Haram, whose name translates to Western education is
a sin, claim to be waging a war to install an Islamic state
and the rule of Sharia in Africa`s largest oil producing
A suicide bomb attack by the group at the United Nations
headquarters in Abuja in July killed 26 people.
The group has also bombed churches and attacked mosques
making its motive somehow hazy.
Nigeria, with a population of 150-million, has large
number of Muslim and Christian population. Muslims predominant
in the north of the country while Christians mostly live in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!