Nigeria church bombing: Four killed, 41 wounded
Abuja: At least four people were killed and 41 injured on Sunday in a suicide bomb blast that ripped through a church in Nigeria, police said.
Emmanuel Ayeni, police commissioner of Plateau State, said the suicide bomber was among the dead in the incident in state capital Jos, Xinhua reported.
He said the bomber joined worshippers at the Christ Chosen Charismatic Church during Sunday`s mass, and approached the church altar before detonating the explosives.
The bomb ripped through the church altar, killing two people immediately and leaving several others injured.
The blast caused the church to collapse, and more people were killed and injured in the process, he added.
The police chief said the injured were being treated in two hospitals.
A witness named Emmanuel Okoh said anti-riot police deployed in the area had to fire tear gas shells to disperse the large crowd that gathered at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'