Nigeria church bombing: Four killed, 41 wounded
Abuja: At least four people were killed and 41 injured on Sunday in a suicide bomb blast that ripped through a church in Nigeria, police said.
Emmanuel Ayeni, police commissioner of Plateau State, said the suicide bomber was among the dead in the incident in state capital Jos, Xinhua reported.
He said the bomber joined worshippers at the Christ Chosen Charismatic Church during Sunday`s mass, and approached the church altar before detonating the explosives.
The bomb ripped through the church altar, killing two people immediately and leaving several others injured.
The blast caused the church to collapse, and more people were killed and injured in the process, he added.
The police chief said the injured were being treated in two hospitals.
A witness named Emmanuel Okoh said anti-riot police deployed in the area had to fire tear gas shells to disperse the large crowd that gathered at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam