Nigeria church bombing: Four killed, 41 wounded
Abuja: At least four people were killed and 41 injured on Sunday in a suicide bomb blast that ripped through a church in Nigeria, police said.
Emmanuel Ayeni, police commissioner of Plateau State, said the suicide bomber was among the dead in the incident in state capital Jos, Xinhua reported.
He said the bomber joined worshippers at the Christ Chosen Charismatic Church during Sunday`s mass, and approached the church altar before detonating the explosives.
The bomb ripped through the church altar, killing two people immediately and leaving several others injured.
The blast caused the church to collapse, and more people were killed and injured in the process, he added.
The police chief said the injured were being treated in two hospitals.
A witness named Emmanuel Okoh said anti-riot police deployed in the area had to fire tear gas shells to disperse the large crowd that gathered at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!