Nigeria extremists say they kidnap women, children
Abuja: An Islamic extremist group in Nigeria has said it is kidnapping women and children as part of its bloody guerrilla campaign against the country`s government.
Abubakar Shekau, the leader of radical militant group Boko Haram, has appeared on a video with kidnapped women and children saying that they were abducted as a revenge for the arrest of wives of the sect members.
"We kidnapped women, children and even young girls," he said without stating the location where they were abducted or the names of those in captivity.
He also claimed responsibility for the attack on Baga town in Borno state where 187 persons were killed last month.
Shekau said his group did not kill civilians but launched a small-scale attack on the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery