Nigeria extremists say they kidnap women, children
Abuja: An Islamic extremist group in Nigeria has said it is kidnapping women and children as part of its bloody guerrilla campaign against the country`s government.
Abubakar Shekau, the leader of radical militant group Boko Haram, has appeared on a video with kidnapped women and children saying that they were abducted as a revenge for the arrest of wives of the sect members.
"We kidnapped women, children and even young girls," he said without stating the location where they were abducted or the names of those in captivity.
He also claimed responsibility for the attack on Baga town in Borno state where 187 persons were killed last month.
Shekau said his group did not kill civilians but launched a small-scale attack on the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics