Nigeria first lady describes mystery illness
Abuja (Nigeria): Nigeria`s first lady has described details of a mystery illness she had that the country`s presidency refused to discuss.
Patience Jonathan, wife to President Goodluck Jonathan, talked about the illness at a church service yesterday at Aso Rock, the nation`s presidential villa.
Jonathan said she had her "intestine and tummy opened" and later fell unconscious for a week. She said she had three surgeries in all and some "sold my things off" because they thought she was dead.
The first lady said: "I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost."
In September, Jonathan disappeared from public view. Officials said she had "food poisoning" and was receiving medical treatment abroad. She returned in October visibly thinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack