Nigeria first lady describes mystery illness
Abuja (Nigeria): Nigeria`s first lady has described details of a mystery illness she had that the country`s presidency refused to discuss.
Patience Jonathan, wife to President Goodluck Jonathan, talked about the illness at a church service yesterday at Aso Rock, the nation`s presidential villa.
Jonathan said she had her "intestine and tummy opened" and later fell unconscious for a week. She said she had three surgeries in all and some "sold my things off" because they thought she was dead.
The first lady said: "I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost."
In September, Jonathan disappeared from public view. Officials said she had "food poisoning" and was receiving medical treatment abroad. She returned in October visibly thinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez