Nigeria first lady describes mystery illness
Abuja (Nigeria): Nigeria`s first lady has described details of a mystery illness she had that the country`s presidency refused to discuss.
Patience Jonathan, wife to President Goodluck Jonathan, talked about the illness at a church service yesterday at Aso Rock, the nation`s presidential villa.
Jonathan said she had her "intestine and tummy opened" and later fell unconscious for a week. She said she had three surgeries in all and some "sold my things off" because they thought she was dead.
The first lady said: "I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost."
In September, Jonathan disappeared from public view. Officials said she had "food poisoning" and was receiving medical treatment abroad. She returned in October visibly thinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley