Nigeria first lady describes mystery illness
Abuja (Nigeria): Nigeria`s first lady has described details of a mystery illness she had that the country`s presidency refused to discuss.
Patience Jonathan, wife to President Goodluck Jonathan, talked about the illness at a church service yesterday at Aso Rock, the nation`s presidential villa.
Jonathan said she had her "intestine and tummy opened" and later fell unconscious for a week. She said she had three surgeries in all and some "sold my things off" because they thought she was dead.
The first lady said: "I am not Lazarus but my experience was similar to his. My doctors said all hope was lost."
In September, Jonathan disappeared from public view. Officials said she had "food poisoning" and was receiving medical treatment abroad. She returned in October visibly thinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August