Nigeria first lady returns after mystery illness
Abuja: Nigeria`s first lady Patience Jonathan has returned home to the nation`s capital following a mystery illness that kept her abroad for weeks.
The state-run Nigerian Television Authority cut into its programming this afternoon to show Jonathan waving from a presidential jet on the tarmac of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. The first lady briefly spoke with a strained voice, saying that "God has given me a second chance." She did not explain the illness that had kept her away from the country, but denied she had cosmetic surgery.
In September, Patience Jonathan disappeared from public view. Authorities have refused to say publicly why she left the country. An official later told The Associated Press the first lady fell ill with "food poisoning" and needed to be hospitalized in Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal