Nigeria military base bombing: Death toll hits 30
Kaduna: The death toll in a twin suicide bombing at a church inside a military barracks in Kaduna state in northern Nigeria has risen to at least 30.
On Sunday, the bombing hit Jaji, home to Nigeria`s Armed Forces Command and Staff College, one of the country`s most important military colleges. An official at the base`s medical centre said at least 45 others had been wounded in the attack.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as the military hospital bars its staff from speaking to journalists.
On Monday, gunmen attacked a major police station near Nigeria`s capital that holds members of the radical Islamist sect Boko, freeing prisoners and killing two police officers. No group has claimed the attacks, which mirrors others carried out by Boko Haram.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?