Nigeria military base bombing: Death toll hits 30
Kaduna: The death toll in a twin suicide bombing at a church inside a military barracks in Kaduna state in northern Nigeria has risen to at least 30.
On Sunday, the bombing hit Jaji, home to Nigeria`s Armed Forces Command and Staff College, one of the country`s most important military colleges. An official at the base`s medical centre said at least 45 others had been wounded in the attack.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as the military hospital bars its staff from speaking to journalists.
On Monday, gunmen attacked a major police station near Nigeria`s capital that holds members of the radical Islamist sect Boko, freeing prisoners and killing two police officers. No group has claimed the attacks, which mirrors others carried out by Boko Haram.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?