Nigeria military base bombing: Death toll hits 30
Kaduna: The death toll in a twin suicide bombing at a church inside a military barracks in Kaduna state in northern Nigeria has risen to at least 30.
On Sunday, the bombing hit Jaji, home to Nigeria`s Armed Forces Command and Staff College, one of the country`s most important military colleges. An official at the base`s medical centre said at least 45 others had been wounded in the attack.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as the military hospital bars its staff from speaking to journalists.
On Monday, gunmen attacked a major police station near Nigeria`s capital that holds members of the radical Islamist sect Boko, freeing prisoners and killing two police officers. No group has claimed the attacks, which mirrors others carried out by Boko Haram.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen