Nigeria military base bombing: Death toll hits 30
Kaduna: The death toll in a twin suicide bombing at a church inside a military barracks in Kaduna state in northern Nigeria has risen to at least 30.
On Sunday, the bombing hit Jaji, home to Nigeria`s Armed Forces Command and Staff College, one of the country`s most important military colleges. An official at the base`s medical centre said at least 45 others had been wounded in the attack.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as the military hospital bars its staff from speaking to journalists.
On Monday, gunmen attacked a major police station near Nigeria`s capital that holds members of the radical Islamist sect Boko, freeing prisoners and killing two police officers. No group has claimed the attacks, which mirrors others carried out by Boko Haram.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery