Nigeria military base bombing: Death toll hits 30
Kaduna: The death toll in a twin suicide bombing at a church inside a military barracks in Kaduna state in northern Nigeria has risen to at least 30.
On Sunday, the bombing hit Jaji, home to Nigeria`s Armed Forces Command and Staff College, one of the country`s most important military colleges. An official at the base`s medical centre said at least 45 others had been wounded in the attack.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as the military hospital bars its staff from speaking to journalists.
On Monday, gunmen attacked a major police station near Nigeria`s capital that holds members of the radical Islamist sect Boko, freeing prisoners and killing two police officers. No group has claimed the attacks, which mirrors others carried out by Boko Haram.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet