Nigeria military base bombing death toll rises to
Abuja: The death toll in a twin suicide bombing at a church in a major military base in Nigeria has risen to at least 30, a hospital official said Tuesday.
The bombing on Sunday hit St Andrew Military Protestant Church at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC).
Initially authorities said 11 persons were killed and later military spokesman Brig Gen Bola Koleoso said the number has gone up to 15.
But the hospital official at a military hospital in Kaduna said security has been tightened to restrict outflow of information.
He said the new deaths were among the thirty persons formerly injured after the attack and taken to the hospital for treatment.
An officer described the incident as embarrassing because the bombers drove their way into a military cantonment without being detected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das