Nigeria military kills 13 militants
Abuja: At least 13 militants have been killed by Nigerian military, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
According to the Nigerian military`s joint task force, deployed in the troubled city of Maiduguri, it killed 13 Boko Haram Islamists in a clash with the militia Tuesday evening.
At least one soldier died while two others suffered injuries during the encounter, said Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, spokesperson of the task force.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had to impose curfews following a wave of militant attacks.
The Human Rights Watch (HRW), in its latest report said, over 1,500 people, including women and children, have been killed in various attacks by the Boko Haram sect since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test