Nigeria military kills 13 militants
Abuja: At least 13 militants have been killed by Nigerian military, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
According to the Nigerian military`s joint task force, deployed in the troubled city of Maiduguri, it killed 13 Boko Haram Islamists in a clash with the militia Tuesday evening.
At least one soldier died while two others suffered injuries during the encounter, said Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, spokesperson of the task force.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had to impose curfews following a wave of militant attacks.
The Human Rights Watch (HRW), in its latest report said, over 1,500 people, including women and children, have been killed in various attacks by the Boko Haram sect since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder