Nigeria military kills 13 militants
Abuja: At least 13 militants have been killed by Nigerian military, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
According to the Nigerian military`s joint task force, deployed in the troubled city of Maiduguri, it killed 13 Boko Haram Islamists in a clash with the militia Tuesday evening.
At least one soldier died while two others suffered injuries during the encounter, said Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, spokesperson of the task force.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had to impose curfews following a wave of militant attacks.
The Human Rights Watch (HRW), in its latest report said, over 1,500 people, including women and children, have been killed in various attacks by the Boko Haram sect since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family