Nigeria military kills 13 militants
Abuja: At least 13 militants have been killed by Nigerian military, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
According to the Nigerian military`s joint task force, deployed in the troubled city of Maiduguri, it killed 13 Boko Haram Islamists in a clash with the militia Tuesday evening.
At least one soldier died while two others suffered injuries during the encounter, said Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, spokesperson of the task force.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had to impose curfews following a wave of militant attacks.
The Human Rights Watch (HRW), in its latest report said, over 1,500 people, including women and children, have been killed in various attacks by the Boko Haram sect since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth