Nigeria military kills Boko Haram`s second-in-command
Abuja: Nigerian military has killed 30 suspected members of Islamist extremist group Boko Haram, including its second-in-command, arrested 10 others in northern Yobe state.
One of those killed was Boko Haram`s second-in-command Bakaka, military spokesman Lt Eli Lazarus said Monday.
Nigerian military working as Joint Task Force had raided a hideout of the Islamic group and killed Bakaka at the Hotoro while arresting several others, he said.
Boko Haram wants to establish an Islamic emirate in northern Nigeria and practice Sharia government.
It started its campaign of terror in 2009 and has killed more than 1000 persons through suicide attacks, bombings and gun shots sometimes on a large scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday