Nigeria military kills Boko Haram`s second-in-command
Abuja: Nigerian military has killed 30 suspected members of Islamist extremist group Boko Haram, including its second-in-command, arrested 10 others in northern Yobe state.
One of those killed was Boko Haram`s second-in-command Bakaka, military spokesman Lt Eli Lazarus said Monday.
Nigerian military working as Joint Task Force had raided a hideout of the Islamic group and killed Bakaka at the Hotoro while arresting several others, he said.
Boko Haram wants to establish an Islamic emirate in northern Nigeria and practice Sharia government.
It started its campaign of terror in 2009 and has killed more than 1000 persons through suicide attacks, bombings and gun shots sometimes on a large scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi