Nigeria military kills Boko Haram`s second-in-command
Abuja: Nigerian military has killed 30 suspected members of Islamist extremist group Boko Haram, including its second-in-command, arrested 10 others in northern Yobe state.
One of those killed was Boko Haram`s second-in-command Bakaka, military spokesman Lt Eli Lazarus said Monday.
Nigerian military working as Joint Task Force had raided a hideout of the Islamic group and killed Bakaka at the Hotoro while arresting several others, he said.
Boko Haram wants to establish an Islamic emirate in northern Nigeria and practice Sharia government.
It started its campaign of terror in 2009 and has killed more than 1000 persons through suicide attacks, bombings and gun shots sometimes on a large scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former football stars Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs unveil Manchester building plan
- Syria's powerful Nusra Front says ending link to al Qaeda
- Amitabh Bachchan for higher public spending to prevent Hepatitis B
- First batch of Haj pilgrims from J&K to leave on August 10
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space