Nigeria plane hits side of vehicle while taxiing
Lagos: Officials in Nigeria say a passenger jet crashed into the side of a vehicle while taxiing, causing no injuries.
Officials say the wing of an IRS Airlines aircraft hit the vehicle near a cargo loading zone today at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.
The plane had no passengers inside. Iyiola Akande of Nigeria`s National Emergency Management Agency described the damage as similar to "a scratch on your car," but said the airline pulled the plane from service to check it.
An airline spokeswoman did not answer requests for comment today.
Nigeria has a history of fatal air crash, including the June 3 crash of a Dana Air jet that killed more than 160 in Lagos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?