Nigeria plane hits side of vehicle while taxiing
Lagos: Officials in Nigeria say a passenger jet crashed into the side of a vehicle while taxiing, causing no injuries.
Officials say the wing of an IRS Airlines aircraft hit the vehicle near a cargo loading zone today at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.
The plane had no passengers inside. Iyiola Akande of Nigeria`s National Emergency Management Agency described the damage as similar to "a scratch on your car," but said the airline pulled the plane from service to check it.
An airline spokeswoman did not answer requests for comment today.
Nigeria has a history of fatal air crash, including the June 3 crash of a Dana Air jet that killed more than 160 in Lagos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly
- Freedom 251: Will Ringing Bells ever deliver the Rs 251 smartphone?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm