Nigeria plane hits side of vehicle while taxiing
Lagos: Officials in Nigeria say a passenger jet crashed into the side of a vehicle while taxiing, causing no injuries.
Officials say the wing of an IRS Airlines aircraft hit the vehicle near a cargo loading zone today at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.
The plane had no passengers inside. Iyiola Akande of Nigeria`s National Emergency Management Agency described the damage as similar to "a scratch on your car," but said the airline pulled the plane from service to check it.
An airline spokeswoman did not answer requests for comment today.
Nigeria has a history of fatal air crash, including the June 3 crash of a Dana Air jet that killed more than 160 in Lagos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!