Nigeria police discover 8 bomb-laden cars in Kano
Kano (Nigeria): Police in the northern
Nigerian city of Kano, which is reeling from a wave of attacks
that killed at least 160 people last week, said they found
eight cars packed with bombs on Monday.
"We have discovered eight bomb-laden cars in different
areas of the city," a senior police officer said on
condition of anonymity. "We are still facing serious security
Residents of Kano said yesterday a bomb-laden car was
found abandoned outside a government-run fuel station but that
the explosives were defused by police.
The bombs found today were all home-made and were left in
cars abandoned by roadsides in the city, the police official
On Friday, bombs were set off and gun battles raged in
coordinated attacks launched after Muslim prayers in Nigeria`s
second largest city, with a police headquarters and other
police stations, a secret police building and immigration
A purported spokesman for the Boko Haram Islamist sect
claimed responsibility for the attacks, saying they were in
response to a refusal by the authorities to release its
members from custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray