Nigeria police discover 8 bomb-laden cars in Kano
Kano (Nigeria): Police in the northern
Nigerian city of Kano, which is reeling from a wave of attacks
that killed at least 160 people last week, said they found
eight cars packed with bombs on Monday.
"We have discovered eight bomb-laden cars in different
areas of the city," a senior police officer said on
condition of anonymity. "We are still facing serious security
Residents of Kano said yesterday a bomb-laden car was
found abandoned outside a government-run fuel station but that
the explosives were defused by police.
The bombs found today were all home-made and were left in
cars abandoned by roadsides in the city, the police official
On Friday, bombs were set off and gun battles raged in
coordinated attacks launched after Muslim prayers in Nigeria`s
second largest city, with a police headquarters and other
police stations, a secret police building and immigration
A purported spokesman for the Boko Haram Islamist sect
claimed responsibility for the attacks, saying they were in
response to a refusal by the authorities to release its
members from custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed