Nigeria police discover 8 bomb-laden cars in Kano
Kano (Nigeria): Police in the northern
Nigerian city of Kano, which is reeling from a wave of attacks
that killed at least 160 people last week, said they found
eight cars packed with bombs on Monday.
"We have discovered eight bomb-laden cars in different
areas of the city," a senior police officer said on
condition of anonymity. "We are still facing serious security
Residents of Kano said yesterday a bomb-laden car was
found abandoned outside a government-run fuel station but that
the explosives were defused by police.
The bombs found today were all home-made and were left in
cars abandoned by roadsides in the city, the police official
On Friday, bombs were set off and gun battles raged in
coordinated attacks launched after Muslim prayers in Nigeria`s
second largest city, with a police headquarters and other
police stations, a secret police building and immigration
A purported spokesman for the Boko Haram Islamist sect
claimed responsibility for the attacks, saying they were in
response to a refusal by the authorities to release its
members from custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister