Nigeria terror victims given mass burial
Abuja: Bodies of victims who lost their lives in the coordinated terror attacks in northern Nigeria were given mass burial Wednesday at the village of Kalebawa on the outskirts of Kano city.
Identified bodies were given to the bereaved families
while those unidentified were conveyed from Murtala Mohammed
Specialist Hospital mortuary to the burial site.
Sources at Murtala Mohammed Hospital told reporters that over
50 bodies were carried in two vehicles for burial after the traditional ruler of Kano Emir Ado Bayero had led other emirs on a sympathy visit to the hospital.
Earlier, the police gave a breakdown of death toll saying
150 civilians, 29 officers of the police, three members of the
country`s secret State Security Service, two officers of the
immigrations` service and a customs officer were killed.
The toll now stands at 185 though medical and
humanitarian workers say the number may increase as more
bodies are brought into hospital mortuaries.
Meanwhile, at least 15 explosions were heard today from
an area where there is police station, residents said, adding
that the explosions were followed by gunshots.
A night time curfew remains in place even as the police
launched a massive search operations for members of Boko Haram
Islamic sect that claimed responsibility for the wave of
attacks on Friday.
Nigerian police yesterday impounded eight vehicles loaded
with improvised explosives in the city where 185 people,
including an Indian, were killed in coordinated attacks.
Indian Kevalkumar Kalidas Rajput and his two Nepalese
colleagues Hari Prasad Bhusal and Raj Singh were among the
people killed by the radical Islamist group Boko Haram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues