Nigeria twin blasts toll rises to 110
Lagos: The toll from the twin bomb attacks in Nigeria`s Kaduna State Wednesday has risen to 110, with more injured victims being rushed to hospital for treatment, a humanitarian aid official said Thursday.
Abubakar Zakari Adamu, a spokesperson for the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) told reporters that 13 out of the severely injured victims succumbed in the hospitals.
A Xinhua reporter in the state learned that hundreds of people travelling through the north central state have been stranded following the 24-hour curfew imposed Kaduna city.
Vehicles from neighbouring Kano, Katsina, Zamfara, Sokoto, Kebbi and Jigawa states have been blocked from entering the city at the toll gate plaza on Zaria road, forcing hundreds of people to loiter around the area in heavy rain.
Similarly, vehicles from the southern part of the country are also stranded at the toll gate on Abuja-Kaduna road.
Meanwhile, the streets of Kaduna have remained empty as residents stayed home due to the curfew.
The curfew was imposed following two bomb blasts targeted at former military head of state, Muhammadu Buhari, and the leader of the Darika Islamic sect, Dahiru Bauchi.
Except for children and a few vehicles and security personnel, roads in the city were completely empty.
Markets, car parks and other business centres were also deserted since Wednesday when the curfew came into effect.
Governor of Kaduna State, Mukhtar Yero, had defended the imposition of the curfew, saying it was to enable security agencies to restore normalcy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble