Nigeria warehouse said to hold fireworks explodes
Lagos (Nigeria): An explosion ripped through a warehouse on Wednesday, where witnesses say fireworks were stored in Nigeria`s largest city, sparking a fire.
The explosion happened around 9 am today on Lagos Island, shaking windows of homes miles away. A thick cloud of smoke could be seen rising over the island.
The fire quickly spread over two blocks. Two firemen showed up in a fire truck and local residents grabbed fire hoses to try to help put out the flames.
It was not immediately clear if there were any casualties. An hour after the explosion, fireworks were still going off. Witnesses say the building had firework inside.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way