Nigerian army says 50 arrested over kidnappings
Lagos: The Nigerian army said Saturday it
had arrested more than 50 militants suspected of involvement
in a string of recent kidnappings of oil workers.
"The gang leader and over 50 of his members" were
rounded up after special military forces raided a camp in
oil-rich Rivers state in southern Nigeria, spokesman for the
special taskforce Timothy Antigha said.
He said the gang was responsible for the kidnapping of
19 oil workers, including several foreigners, in recent weeks.
"They were the group that abducted the Exxon Mobil
workers and the Afren group workers and were responsible for
other previous kidnappings and robberies in the past," said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'