Nigerian drug trafficker dies on board flight
Abuja: A Nigerian drug trafficker has died on
board an aircraft enroute to Malaysia, forcing the pilot to
make an emergency landing in India, the African country`s
National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has said.
NDLEA said 25-year-old smuggler Chilaka Ogbonna Emmanuel
was on his way to Malaysia via Doha after boarding a plane at
Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos when he died onboard.
The pilot of the aircraft was forced to make an emergency
landing in India where he was confirmed dead at a hospital,
the anti-drug agency said, adding that he died from drug
ingestion and a "post mortem conducted revealed that he had
The agency is yet to disclose the type of drug and
quantity but said it has commenced investigation into the
Last week, NDLEA prevented a 39-year-old suspected major
drug trafficker from smuggling 1.5 kg of cocaine to India.
The suspect, George Mike Adelabu, was apprehended during
the outward clearance of passengers on an Emirate flight to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional