Nigerian drug trafficker dies on board flight
Abuja: A Nigerian drug trafficker has died on
board an aircraft enroute to Malaysia, forcing the pilot to
make an emergency landing in India, the African country`s
National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has said.
NDLEA said 25-year-old smuggler Chilaka Ogbonna Emmanuel
was on his way to Malaysia via Doha after boarding a plane at
Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos when he died onboard.
The pilot of the aircraft was forced to make an emergency
landing in India where he was confirmed dead at a hospital,
the anti-drug agency said, adding that he died from drug
ingestion and a "post mortem conducted revealed that he had
The agency is yet to disclose the type of drug and
quantity but said it has commenced investigation into the
Last week, NDLEA prevented a 39-year-old suspected major
drug trafficker from smuggling 1.5 kg of cocaine to India.
The suspect, George Mike Adelabu, was apprehended during
the outward clearance of passengers on an Emirate flight to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok