Nigerian militant group criticises Boko Haram
Lagos: A private firm that monitors extremists says a splinter group of the Nigerian extremist network Boko Haram has criticised the larger group for September attacks that killed over 140 people.
The SITE monitoring group says Ansaru wrote in a cryptic message on a jihadi website that Muslims face danger from "people from their own group making them taste the same thing that they suffer from the cruel enemy."
Both Ansaru and Boko Haram were last week labelled foreign terrorist organisations by the US Boko Haram has been blamed for thousands of deaths since 2009.
Ansaru formed at the beginning of 2012 to protest the killings of Muslims by Boko Haram. Ansaru has claimed responsibility for an attack on a Nigerian military convoy to Mali and at least 10 kidnappings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie