Nigerian militant group criticises Boko Haram
Lagos: A private firm that monitors extremists says a splinter group of the Nigerian extremist network Boko Haram has criticised the larger group for September attacks that killed over 140 people.
The SITE monitoring group says Ansaru wrote in a cryptic message on a jihadi website that Muslims face danger from "people from their own group making them taste the same thing that they suffer from the cruel enemy."
Both Ansaru and Boko Haram were last week labelled foreign terrorist organisations by the US Boko Haram has been blamed for thousands of deaths since 2009.
Ansaru formed at the beginning of 2012 to protest the killings of Muslims by Boko Haram. Ansaru has claimed responsibility for an attack on a Nigerian military convoy to Mali and at least 10 kidnappings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016