Nigerian militant group criticises Boko Haram
Lagos: A private firm that monitors extremists says a splinter group of the Nigerian extremist network Boko Haram has criticised the larger group for September attacks that killed over 140 people.
The SITE monitoring group says Ansaru wrote in a cryptic message on a jihadi website that Muslims face danger from "people from their own group making them taste the same thing that they suffer from the cruel enemy."
Both Ansaru and Boko Haram were last week labelled foreign terrorist organisations by the US Boko Haram has been blamed for thousands of deaths since 2009.
Ansaru formed at the beginning of 2012 to protest the killings of Muslims by Boko Haram. Ansaru has claimed responsibility for an attack on a Nigerian military convoy to Mali and at least 10 kidnappings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...