Nikki Haley compared to Hitler’s mistress Eva Braun
Washington: South Carolina Democratic Party chairman Dick Harpootlian compared his state’s Republican Governor, Nikki Haley, to the longtime mistress of Adolf Hitler, Eva Braun.
“She was down in the bunker a la Eva Braun,” Harpootlian said while speaking at a delegation breakfast in Charlotte.
According to Fox News, when Harpootlian was asked about the comment he disputed that he made a comparison to Nazis.
“I wasn’t saying she is Eva Braun or is like Eva Braun. I was saying she is hiding out. ... She is reclusive. She is not transparent,” he said.
"I wasn’t comparing her to Eva Braun other than she was in a bunker. I don’t even know much about Eva Braun, just that she hung out in a bunker,” he added.
According to the report, Amanda Loveday, the state party’s executive director, also told FoxNews.com, "I don`t think it was a comparison," adding that Harpootlian is "misrepresented a lot”.
The reported remark was the third case this week of a Democrat seeking to draw comparisons between Republicans or Republicans tactics and Nazis, the report said.
According to the report, in one of the instances, the chairman of the California Democratic Party earlier this week compared Republican tactics -- and specifically Paul Ryan`s convention remarks -- to the tactics of Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre