Nikki Haley compared to Hitler’s mistress Eva Braun
Washington: South Carolina Democratic Party chairman Dick Harpootlian compared his state’s Republican Governor, Nikki Haley, to the longtime mistress of Adolf Hitler, Eva Braun.
“She was down in the bunker a la Eva Braun,” Harpootlian said while speaking at a delegation breakfast in Charlotte.
According to Fox News, when Harpootlian was asked about the comment he disputed that he made a comparison to Nazis.
“I wasn’t saying she is Eva Braun or is like Eva Braun. I was saying she is hiding out. ... She is reclusive. She is not transparent,” he said.
"I wasn’t comparing her to Eva Braun other than she was in a bunker. I don’t even know much about Eva Braun, just that she hung out in a bunker,” he added.
According to the report, Amanda Loveday, the state party’s executive director, also told FoxNews.com, "I don`t think it was a comparison," adding that Harpootlian is "misrepresented a lot”.
The reported remark was the third case this week of a Democrat seeking to draw comparisons between Republicans or Republicans tactics and Nazis, the report said.
According to the report, in one of the instances, the chairman of the California Democratic Party earlier this week compared Republican tactics -- and specifically Paul Ryan`s convention remarks -- to the tactics of Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title