Nikki Haley compared to Hitler’s mistress Eva Braun
Washington: South Carolina Democratic Party chairman Dick Harpootlian compared his state’s Republican Governor, Nikki Haley, to the longtime mistress of Adolf Hitler, Eva Braun.
“She was down in the bunker a la Eva Braun,” Harpootlian said while speaking at a delegation breakfast in Charlotte.
According to Fox News, when Harpootlian was asked about the comment he disputed that he made a comparison to Nazis.
“I wasn’t saying she is Eva Braun or is like Eva Braun. I was saying she is hiding out. ... She is reclusive. She is not transparent,” he said.
"I wasn’t comparing her to Eva Braun other than she was in a bunker. I don’t even know much about Eva Braun, just that she hung out in a bunker,” he added.
According to the report, Amanda Loveday, the state party’s executive director, also told FoxNews.com, "I don`t think it was a comparison," adding that Harpootlian is "misrepresented a lot”.
The reported remark was the third case this week of a Democrat seeking to draw comparisons between Republicans or Republicans tactics and Nazis, the report said.
According to the report, in one of the instances, the chairman of the California Democratic Party earlier this week compared Republican tactics -- and specifically Paul Ryan`s convention remarks -- to the tactics of Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees