Nikki Haley`s popularity rating increases in US
Washington: Indian-American South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley`s popularity rating has increased, a latest survey has said.
The approval rating of Haley is now reported to be 43.7 percent - a jump of nearly nine points since December 2011, when 34.6 percent of the registered voters had given thumbs up to her approval.
"Governor Haley has always said that poll numbers go up and down. But her focus is on the state`s jobs numbers, and she`s thrilled that they keep getting better and better," her spokesman Rob Godfrey said.
41-year-old Haley is only the second Indian-American Governor of a US State and the first Indian-American woman governor.
Haley`s approval rating is on an upswing, at a time when the popularity of another Indian-American Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana has registered a decline.
According to the survey from Democratic firm Public Policy Polling released last week, 37 percent of the people in Louisiana survey for this poll approved the performance of Jindal, while 57 percent disapproved.
In the last poll carried out by Public Policy Polling in August 2010, Jindal had an approval rating of 58 percent, while only 34 percent disapproved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa