Nikki rules out herself as running mate for Romney
New York: South Carolina`s Indian-American Governor Nikki Haley has said that she was not in the race to be the running mate of Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
"No, I am not," Haley said when asked if she was being vetted for the post of vice-president by the Romney campaign.
"I have made it very clear from the very beginning that I love my job, I love South Carolina and I made a promise to the people of my state (to complete my term) and I have to keep it," the Wall Street Journal quoted Haley as saying.
40-year-old Haley has been seen as a potential vice presidential pick for Romney in this year`s US Presidential Elections. But the Indian-origin governor has maintained she is not keen on the post of vice president.
Romney`s wife, Ann Romney, had said in an interview to CBS News last week that he is considering several female candidates for the number two spot ahead of the August Republican National Convention in Florida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!