Nine bodies found hanging from bridge in Mexico
Monterrey (Mexico): The bodies of nine men were found hanging from a bridge Friday in Nuevo Laredo, a border city in the northeastern Mexican state of Tamaulipas, officials said.
"The individuals were hung (early Friday) from a bridge at the intersection of Colosio Blvd. and the highway leading to Monterrey," capital of the neighbouring state of Nuevo Leon, a security spokesman in Nuevo Laredo said.
The bodies bore signs of torture and the suspected perpetrators of the crime left a message whose content was not disclosed.
In May, the bodies of five men and four women who were blindfolded and bore signs of torture were found hanging from another Nuevo Laredo bridge.
On that occasion, suspected members of the Los Zetas drug cartel said in a message that the victims were members of the rival Gulf mob who were killed for "heating up the plaza (drug-smuggling route)" and attracting the attention of the security forces with their attacks.
The Zetas have threatened to wipe out the Gulf organization, which has allied itself with the powerful Sinaloa gang - headed by Joaquin "El Chapo" (Shorty) Guzman - in a bid to seize control of the city, located across the border from Laredo, Texas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India