Nine bodies found hanging from bridge in Mexico
Monterrey (Mexico): The bodies of nine men were found hanging from a bridge Friday in Nuevo Laredo, a border city in the northeastern Mexican state of Tamaulipas, officials said.
"The individuals were hung (early Friday) from a bridge at the intersection of Colosio Blvd. and the highway leading to Monterrey," capital of the neighbouring state of Nuevo Leon, a security spokesman in Nuevo Laredo said.
The bodies bore signs of torture and the suspected perpetrators of the crime left a message whose content was not disclosed.
In May, the bodies of five men and four women who were blindfolded and bore signs of torture were found hanging from another Nuevo Laredo bridge.
On that occasion, suspected members of the Los Zetas drug cartel said in a message that the victims were members of the rival Gulf mob who were killed for "heating up the plaza (drug-smuggling route)" and attracting the attention of the security forces with their attacks.
The Zetas have threatened to wipe out the Gulf organization, which has allied itself with the powerful Sinaloa gang - headed by Joaquin "El Chapo" (Shorty) Guzman - in a bid to seize control of the city, located across the border from Laredo, Texas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened