Nine bodies found hanging from bridge in Mexico
Monterrey (Mexico): The bodies of nine men were found hanging from a bridge Friday in Nuevo Laredo, a border city in the northeastern Mexican state of Tamaulipas, officials said.
"The individuals were hung (early Friday) from a bridge at the intersection of Colosio Blvd. and the highway leading to Monterrey," capital of the neighbouring state of Nuevo Leon, a security spokesman in Nuevo Laredo said.
The bodies bore signs of torture and the suspected perpetrators of the crime left a message whose content was not disclosed.
In May, the bodies of five men and four women who were blindfolded and bore signs of torture were found hanging from another Nuevo Laredo bridge.
On that occasion, suspected members of the Los Zetas drug cartel said in a message that the victims were members of the rival Gulf mob who were killed for "heating up the plaza (drug-smuggling route)" and attracting the attention of the security forces with their attacks.
The Zetas have threatened to wipe out the Gulf organization, which has allied itself with the powerful Sinaloa gang - headed by Joaquin "El Chapo" (Shorty) Guzman - in a bid to seize control of the city, located across the border from Laredo, Texas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: 'Befikre' lover-boy Ranveer Singh writes the most romantic congratulatory note for ladylove Deepika Padukone!
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official
- IIFA Madrid: Priyanka Chopra steals the show, thanks Shiamak Davar troupe!-- See pic
- 16 Taliban militants killed in US drone strike
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi