Nine die in Mexico fireworks blast
Mexico City: Nine people were killed on Friday when a vehicle carrying fireworks exploded during a religious festival in the central Mexican state of Tlaxcala, authorities said.
An undetermined number of people injured in the blast were taken to hospitals in Tlaxcala and the neighbouring state of Puebla.
"Unfortunately, we have nine deaths. We don`t have the number of injured. They were all moving in a procession and someone launched fireworks and one of them fell where the (other fireworks) material was stored," Tlaxcala emergency services chief Jose Mateos Morales told reporters.
The explosion occurred as scores of people were walking through the streets of Jesus Tepactepec, carrying religious icons and performing ritual dances in connection with the feast of a local patron saint.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living