Nine die in Mexico fireworks blast
Mexico City: Nine people were killed on Friday when a vehicle carrying fireworks exploded during a religious festival in the central Mexican state of Tlaxcala, authorities said.
An undetermined number of people injured in the blast were taken to hospitals in Tlaxcala and the neighbouring state of Puebla.
"Unfortunately, we have nine deaths. We don`t have the number of injured. They were all moving in a procession and someone launched fireworks and one of them fell where the (other fireworks) material was stored," Tlaxcala emergency services chief Jose Mateos Morales told reporters.
The explosion occurred as scores of people were walking through the streets of Jesus Tepactepec, carrying religious icons and performing ritual dances in connection with the feast of a local patron saint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?