Nine held in Moscow for protest
Moscow: Nine activists have been detained for attempting to stage an unauthorised protest on Moscow`s Red Square, police said.
Russian opposition figurehead Sergei Udaltsov said in his Twitter blog that some 10 activists were held by police for participating in a protest on Red Square.
During the protest, the activists were handing out leaflets with the portraits of those detained over the May 6, 2012 riots on Bolotnaya Square in Moscow, said Anastasia Udaltsova, a spokesperson for the Left Front movement.
The May 6 events have led to the so-called "Bolotnaya case", in which more than a dozen defendants face charges ranging from inciting mass unrest to using violent force against law enforcement officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming