Nine held in Moscow for protest
Moscow: Nine activists have been detained for attempting to stage an unauthorised protest on Moscow`s Red Square, police said.
Russian opposition figurehead Sergei Udaltsov said in his Twitter blog that some 10 activists were held by police for participating in a protest on Red Square.
During the protest, the activists were handing out leaflets with the portraits of those detained over the May 6, 2012 riots on Bolotnaya Square in Moscow, said Anastasia Udaltsova, a spokesperson for the Left Front movement.
The May 6 events have led to the so-called "Bolotnaya case", in which more than a dozen defendants face charges ranging from inciting mass unrest to using violent force against law enforcement officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them