Nine held in Moscow for protest
Moscow: Nine activists have been detained for attempting to stage an unauthorised protest on Moscow`s Red Square, police said.
Russian opposition figurehead Sergei Udaltsov said in his Twitter blog that some 10 activists were held by police for participating in a protest on Red Square.
During the protest, the activists were handing out leaflets with the portraits of those detained over the May 6, 2012 riots on Bolotnaya Square in Moscow, said Anastasia Udaltsova, a spokesperson for the Left Front movement.
The May 6 events have led to the so-called "Bolotnaya case", in which more than a dozen defendants face charges ranging from inciting mass unrest to using violent force against law enforcement officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan