Nine held in Moscow for protest
Moscow: Nine activists have been detained for attempting to stage an unauthorised protest on Moscow`s Red Square, police said.
Russian opposition figurehead Sergei Udaltsov said in his Twitter blog that some 10 activists were held by police for participating in a protest on Red Square.
During the protest, the activists were handing out leaflets with the portraits of those detained over the May 6, 2012 riots on Bolotnaya Square in Moscow, said Anastasia Udaltsova, a spokesperson for the Left Front movement.
The May 6 events have led to the so-called "Bolotnaya case", in which more than a dozen defendants face charges ranging from inciting mass unrest to using violent force against law enforcement officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA