Nine held in Moscow for protest
Moscow: Nine activists have been detained for attempting to stage an unauthorised protest on Moscow`s Red Square, police said.
Russian opposition figurehead Sergei Udaltsov said in his Twitter blog that some 10 activists were held by police for participating in a protest on Red Square.
During the protest, the activists were handing out leaflets with the portraits of those detained over the May 6, 2012 riots on Bolotnaya Square in Moscow, said Anastasia Udaltsova, a spokesperson for the Left Front movement.
The May 6 events have led to the so-called "Bolotnaya case", in which more than a dozen defendants face charges ranging from inciting mass unrest to using violent force against law enforcement officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?